Drug-induced phospholipidosis confounds drug repurposing for SARS-CoV-2
Screening for drugs that don’t work
Correlation of phospholipidosis and antiviral activity
Concurrent measurement of viral infection and drug-induced phospholipidosis
CADs are common among drug repurposing hits for SARS-CoV-2 and other viruses
Animal efficacy for repurposed drugs
- 101.83 KB
- 9.78 MB
- 133.00 KB
References and Notes
eLetters is an online forum for ongoing peer review. Submission of eLetters are open to all. eLetters are not edited, proofread, or indexed. Please read our Terms of Service before submitting your own eLetter.Log In to Submit a Response
No eLetters have been published for this article yet.
Information & Authors
30 July 2021
Metrics & Citations
Select the format you want to export the citation of this publication.
- Screening for bilayer-active and likely cytotoxic molecules reveals bilayer-mediated regulation of cell function, Journal of General Physiology, 155, 4, (2023).https://doi.org/10.1085/jgp.202213247
- Identification of novel antiviral drug candidates using an optimized SARS-CoV-2 phenotypic screening platform, iScience, 26, 2, (105944), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2023.105944
- Backgrounder—Part 2, Managing the Drug Discovery Process, (27-64), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-824304-6.00010-9
- A systematic review on impact of SARS-CoV-2 infection, Microbiological Research, (127364), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micres.2023.127364
- Phenothiazines inhibit SARS-CoV-2 cell entry via a blockade of spike protein binding to neuropilin-1, Antiviral Research, 209, (105481), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2022.105481
- The evolving role of investigative toxicology in the pharmaceutical industry, Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, (2023).https://doi.org/10.1038/s41573-022-00633-x
- Anti‐Coronaviral Nanocluster Restrain Infections of SARS‐CoV‐2 and Associated Mutants through Virucidal Inhibition and 3CL Protease Inactivation, Advanced Science, (2207098), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1002/advs.202207098
- Development of Fluorescent 4-[4-(3 H -Spiro[isobenzofuran-1,4′-piperidin]-1′-yl)butyl]indolyl Derivatives as High-Affinity Probes to Enable the Study of σ Receptors via Fluorescence-Based Techniques , Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, (2023).https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jmedchem.2c01227
- Synthetic Ionizable Colloidal Drug Aggregates Enable Endosomal Disruption, Advanced Science, (2300311), (2023).https://doi.org/10.1002/advs.202300311
- Identification of Z-Tyr-Ala-CHN2, a Cathepsin L Inhibitor with Broad-Spectrum Cell-Specific Activity against Coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2, Microorganisms, 11, 3, (717), (2023).https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms11030717
- See more
Download this article as a PDF fileDownload PDF
Log in to view the full text
AAAS login provides access to Science for AAAS Members, and access to other journals in the Science family to users who have purchased individual subscriptions.
- Become a AAAS Member
- Activate your AAAS ID
- Purchase Access to Other Journals in the Science Family
- Account Help
Register for free to read this article
As a service to the community, this article is available for free. Login or register for free to read this article.
Buy a single issue of Science for just $15 USD.